Followers

Monday, October 21, 2013

My Passport is Complete!

This week I finally completed my Around the World reading challenge at my local library. I only tackled 20 countries while some more adventurous readers went for 40!  I did learn new things about other countries and their cultures on my journey but I am happy to be able to read only what I want to read now that I am finished with my traveling! Here are the places I have visited the last year via my armchair and a good book.

The Girls of Atomic City.....USA
Tout Sweet.....France
As the Pig Turns....England
Mother Teresa.....India
Pippa Passes....Italy
A Bridge Between Us....Japan
Inside the Kingdom....Saudi Arabia
Beyond Belief....Australia
The Russian Word for Snow....Russia
To School Through the Woods....Ireland
My Years with Corrie.....The Netherlands
The Bridesmaids.....Monaco
10,000 Sorrows....Korea
The Outside World....Israel
Dinner with Persephone....Greece
Limetree Can't Bear Orange....Trinidad Tobago
The First Rule of Swimming....Croatia
Lullaby of Polish Girls......Poland
Shame and Sacrifice.....Germany
Looking for Palestine....Lebanon


5 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

How very interesting! What books are on your wish list now that you can read what you want?

Arlene Grimm said...

Next on my list is Allegiant, which is being released tomorrow!!

Gina said...

Oh my Arlene! I am impressed! Now did you do your book reports?? :-)

Dewilla Hooper said...

You really ought to try and find the book called "Hitty: Her First Hundred Years." This book was written a long time ago about a little doll named Hitty, and it is considered a children's book. It won the Newbery Award Medal when it was published. It is a pretty long book. The little doll in the book travels all over the world over a period of one hundred years. It is a terrific story. You would love the story.

Arlene Grimm said...

I think i reviewed these books on Good Reads Gina!:) And Dewilla, I am going to look for that book...sounds so interesting.