Followers

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Never Let Me Loose in Cracker Barrel By Myself!!

 Okay, last week when we were in Gulf Shores, I stopped at the Cracker Barrel to look for a Halloween costume for Margaret. After a morning of shopping at the Outlet Malls in Foley, Marvin said he would just stay in the car and rest while I shopped. Well Cracker Barrel did not have the costume I wanted in Margaret's size so I started out the door and low and behold, I saw this ceramic Christmas tree! I knew I had to have it. And here is why!
 When we were newlyweds, my precious mother in law, Mama G, made us one of these trees at her ceramics class. Well in our last move to our town house, this heirloom got broken. I was so sad... I began to look on etsy and ebay for a similar one but I was shocked at how much these little trees went for these days.  The Cracker Barrel Tree is not an exact match to the broken tree but it was good enough for me and priced very reasonably.  Marvin was surprised to see me lugging this big box out of the store. He just smiled when he saw what I had purchased. He knows he is married to a crazy lady!:)

6 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

I remember these ceramic trees. So happy you found one to replace the special one that was broken.

Thanks for telling me about "Southern Hospitality" blog. I enjoyed visiting there.

Arlene Grimm said...

I can't wait to open up my box and put my tree out at Christmas! Glad you enjoyed visiting Rhoda. She has so many neat decorating ideas.

Holly Kuhn said...

Scott and I picked up one of those trees in Cherokee, NC shortly after we were married. We still bring it out every year!

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

How nice that you were able to replace it years later.

Mrs.T said...

Lovely, Arlene! I'm so happy for this find for you.

My parents had one of these which a relative had made for them. After my mother became ill and homebound, this little ceramic tree was about the only Christmas decoration they had put up. Now my mother is with the Lord, and my dad enjoys the color and lights of this little tree every Christmas. He turns it on every evening as dusk falls throughout the winter.

Arlene Grimm said...

That is so sweet Mrs T!! I am looking forward to lighting mine up this year. I will think of your sweet Daddy turning his on as well.