Followers

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Back Door


 My Blog Friend, Myra at www.myblessedlife.net shared a cute fall craft yesterday recycling a tin can into a fall bouquet holder for her door.  I did something similar last year with a cute little basket I purchased at Tammy Eddy Antiques here on Bank Street in Decatur.  These cute baskets feature a leather strap that allows for hanging this sweet treasure just about anywhere. Last fall I hung this creation on my secretary in the living room. This year I decided to hang it on my turquoise door in the garage. Why must all decorations be used to impress others with your creativity?:) Every time I pull my car into the garage this burst of autumnal color makes me smile!!
 And another shot....The blur in the window is a fall banner that features a turkey! While it is a cute view from my kitchen, not so much in the garage!
And this is another basket decorated for Christmas. I think I am going to have to add some more bling to this one! I often take pictures of my crafts as it helps me to see what is "missing". This tip has really helped me to see my projects without bias!

With this being the first day of October, Christmas will be here before we know it. One of my facebook friends just posted that there are only 17 Saturdays left before the Big Day!! Gotta Get Busy!

3 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I love your baskets! So cute! I can not believe that there are only 17 Saturdays until Christmas. That is too soon!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for dropping by Gina! I guess it is getting quite nippy up in your neck of the woods. One of my best friends is headed to NYC for some sight seeing..they leave today.

Blackberry Lane said...

I love the color of your door and the basket is a great way to decorate for the holidays.