Followers

Friday, November 22, 2013

For All Hobbit Lovers


 I had to take these photos from the side so as not to get  a flash on the glass! I really need to take some classes on how to make better use of my dsl camera! Anyway...here is Marvin's birthday gift to himself, Bilbo at Bag-End by Ted Nasmith.  He purchased the print in Santa Fe this summer and we are just now getting it framed. The little card displays the name of the print in Elvish! We took it to a local framer and she suggested a Tobacco Leaf frame as Bilbo is smoking his pipe in the print.  We had never heard of such a type of frame but it looks great. Up close it looks like Tobacco leaves are embossed on the wood of the frame.
It makes my Hobbit lover very happy and that makes me happy.

2 comments:

Gina said...

LOVE the picture! I am rather fond of hobbits. :-)

Arlene Grimm said...

I remembered that you were a Hobbit fan Gina. My husband and son Charles are looking forward to the second movie.