Followers

Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday

I was looking at various blogs this morning and most of them were about decorating, a subject dear to my heart, when I realized that I have been left behind!! Everyone is using cool blues and whites it seems these days. And while I think it is very pretty, I just could not live with those glacial colors in my home.  I have always loved color and it makes me happy. With my grandchildren enjoying our home, those white sofas would not stand a chance! I am really thinking of painting the wall that goes up my back stairs Portobello to help hide all those little handprints that grace the area. Then I remember that soon those little hands will be big hands and I will miss them.

None of the colors in my home are bright colors but instead cozy colors like Nantucket Grey, Wedgewood Blue, Portobello and Pillar.  I went against the decorators  adage of buying a neutral sofa and purchased one that has a pretty pattern! I have decided that my house is my "home" and I want it to reflect me and my  personality.

What about you? Are you on board with all the neutrals in blogland?

3 comments:

Gina said...

Arlene, I haven't really thought about it much but I do gravitate toward basic colors. My walls are white with blueberry trim (baseboards & around the windows). I have mostly medium - dark wood furnishings. I do have splashes of color here and there. Your colors sound very serene.

Blackberry Lane said...

I had the pleasure of choosing my colors at my last 2 homes and, like you, I love color. With our new home, it is builder beige!!!
The walls look nice and it's nice not to smell "new paint smell" so for now, I let my furniture be the color!!!
I gravitate toward browns, buttery golds,and lavender.

Arlene Grimm said...

I have been missing you ladies...glad to have you visit today!! It is interesting to see the trends come and go. I remember in the 80s all the deep colors were popular, then the 90s it was peach and mauve. To each his own as the old saying goes. I would love to come and visit both of your houses. I am sure I would see your sweet personalities shinging through. And Gina, I have always admired the blue trim of so many colonial homes!! I think if I could build a house, it would be a colonial.