Followers

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

 I have seen many posts about Thanksgiving being forgotten as a lot of folks start decorating for Christmas right after Halloween.  But I took time this week to put away Jackolanterns and put out my Thanksgiving decor. I am having a big crowd for Thanksgiving so I will not be decking the halls until the first week in December.  Give Thanks Unto the Lord is a cross stitch I did years ago but I still love it for its Bible verse as well as the pretty colors! The big white pumpkin(TJ Maxx) is sitting on a candle ring I found at Hobby Lobby. I thought the two made a pretty tableau.
I have had this Tom Turkey for years. It was a gift from my sis in love, Lanier.  Marvin was disappointed when he found it stuffed with an old ribbon rather than candy!! I learned this tip from my mother. Mother collects lead crystal and in several of her boxes that are on display she puts a shiny red Christmas ribbon inside. It mades the crystal look very pretty and no calories as candy is not inside!!
I am thankful for Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I'm with Marvin! I thought it was candy. :-) so pretty - I love Thanksgiving!

Blackberry Lane said...

When I was younger, I loved to cross stitch. This is a beautiful piece you've made. That's cute about Marvin thinking the ribbon was candy. The other day, I saw an apothecary jar filled with holiday cupcake liners and it was so pretty!