Followers

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Singing....

This picture is special to me because it was made on the Saturday before my Daddy went to heaven. We were in Chatsworth visiting him but he was not even conscious on that Saturday. He loved to see the great grands but he just was not doing well that day. That Saturday evening, my sisters and I and my niece, Laura, gathered in his bedroom and we began singing the old hymns we all loved. In our family it is not unusual to gather to sing at a loved ones bedside as they are preparing for heaven. I can remember singing at my great grandmother's bedside. My sisters tell the story of singing with my Grandmother Henderson after she had a stroke and was not really with it but she could sing the hymns she knew.  In this picture, we were singing and Margaret came in and crawled in my lap with her "lambie" or nasty lambie as I call it. It is her lovie and while it may be nasty, she finds great comfort in it!!  When I saw this picture that my sister took while we were singing, I knew I had to have it! It will always remind me of a precious time.

2 comments:

Gina said...

How your father must have been blessed during those hours!

Blackberry Lane said...

How very precious.