Followers

Friday, December 6, 2013

Elliott


Thirty five years ago today Marvin and I became first time parents when our oldest son, Benjamin Anton Grimm was born on a cold night in Knoxville, Tennessee.  I have always loved the name Ben as it was my great great grandfather's name. So Ben was always one of my choices for my son but I also liked Alexander, another great great grandfather's name. Marvin shot that one down so we settled on Ben.  Yesterday we welcomed our fifth grandson, Benjamin Elliott Grimm.  It is a special name because Benjamin Elliot Parrish was my great great grandfather that I named Ben for years ago.( Elliott's great great great great grandfather!) And now Ben's son has the name of the man Ben was named for. I think that is just so sweet.  We cannot wait to go to Birmingham today to see Elliott and to take Ben out for a Birthday lunch. Katy was so glad that Ben would get to celebrate his birthday and we look forward to some time with our son. As they are adults, one on one time with our children is a treasure.  Feeling very blessed this morning!!

4 comments:

Mrs.T said...

Congratulations to everyone on Elliott's safe arrival! We have a grandson named Elliott also! He turned 4 in November!

Mrs R said...

Arlene, He is here! What a beautiful name and legacy! You are blessed!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs T, glad to know that you have an Elliott too!! And Mrs R, we are truly blessed. God is Good.

Blackberry Lane said...

Congrats! I am so happy for all of you.