Followers

Thursday, December 19, 2013

One Last Look....

 One last look at some of the special ornaments on our tree! This is the oldest one I have. It was given to me in 1974 by my friend, Connie, when we were students at Georgia Baptist Hospital School of Nursing.
 This ornament was given to us when we first married(1976) by one of Marvin's Minnesota cousins. It is a Christmas napkin decoupaged over a styrofoam ball with some sequins added!
 Another home made ornament from our first year of marriage. It was made by Marvin's sister, Mina.
 Marvin made some Disney ornaments for our tree...these are from 1976 too!
 My late grandmother Henderson made this star when she attended the local Senior Center in Chatsworth.
 Some cute felt ice skates with a big paper clip as the blade were made by Mama G.
And I made this one!! My fingers were sore from pushing in pins but it is so pretty when the lights of the tree hits it!!

Special times and special people make the holidays grand!!

4 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Each one is so special. Thank you for sharing with us.

Teresa Russell said...

Such lovely memories. My husband and I love putting up our Den tree, it's got all our ornaments that we acquired over the years in our travels. Such fun!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for stopping by to comment ladies!! I love Christmas because it gives me a chance to walk down memory lane!!

Mrs R said...

Arlene, you have kept all your ornaments in pristine condition! I love the stories behind them. :-)