Followers

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Putting Away the Bling

I have a lot of fun putting out my Christmas bling. Putting it up is not so much fun but I plan to start today. I have found it is much easier to do a bit each day. Last night I took down all the Christmas cards and took time to sit and look at each one.  Today I hope to get my kitchen back to its usual self. All the Christmas dishes, decorations will be stored for another year. I will leave the tree up a few more days. I just love sitting in my normal spot on the sofa and looking at it! My husband's family kept their tree up through New Years Day but I like to start the New Year with a nice clean house.

This has been a quiet Christmas for us but that has been nice as well. The hubs and I  have watched several Inspector Lewis mysteries( One of my gifts from Marvin was the WHOLE Inspector Lewis series.) If you watched MORSE on Mystery, you will remember Inspector Lewis as his sidekick. Now Robbie has a new partner as Morse has died and it is good to see Inspector Lewis come into his own! I have also downloaded several books on my Kindle....Love, Anthony by Lisa Genova, Rashi's Daughters:Rachel by Maggie Anton, To the Field of Stars by Kevin Codd and Women of the Way by Jane Blanchard.

Now I am off to get a second cup of coffee and then I will start the day's work. Blessed Saturday Friends.

2 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I love to start the new year off with a clean house too! :-)

I think we are going to leave the outside decorations up until the baby comes home. Only 3 more days until they fly back to the states!

Arlene Grimm said...

I know you are on pins and needles waiting for that sweet reunion!!