Followers

Monday, December 9, 2013

White House Tree


 No, not THAT White House Tree but the one I put up in my bedroom that holds all the White House ornaments that my sister in law, Mina, has given us over the years.  I usually put them on my big tree in the living room but this year I decided that I would give them their own little tree.

 We have each White House Ornament going back to 1995.  They are all works of art and I wish my photography skills were better so I could really show their beauty. Click on this picture for a better look.
 Many of the ornaments depict the White House but as you can see, West Point as well as notable Americans are represented yearly.
I really like this West Point ornament with the soldiers marching in front of the White House! I am hoping that these special ornaments will become family heirlooms, treasured for generations.

3 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

What a wonderful collection and thoughtful gift! I've seen these ornaments online but have never known anyone to actually have one!!! Good idea to present them on their own tree. They are all just fabulous.

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I've never seen any White House ornaments before. Looks fancy!

Arlene Grimm said...

They are beautiful ornaments and each one comes with a little history of that particular scene so educational as well.