Followers

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dishtowels and Bibs

 It seems I have been on a dishtowel buying spree lately. So many of my dishtowels were getting old and grimy. It  was time for some new ones. My friend, Jamie Howard, who owns The Funky Peacock etsy store, made these just for me.  If you cannot see the black one very well...it says Sweet Home on the replica of our state, Alabama. She is so talented. I also needed some new bibs for Nanaland and Jamie made these for me. She made three for me and I gave one to Lanier to take home for her grands.

 This one matches my kitchen! Blue, Black and White.
 You can never have too many bibs. I even make Landon wear one if he is eating something here before heading off to preschool.  Come to think of it, some adults could probably use a bib!
Red is one of my favorite colors and I love this cheery black and red. Red and Black are also the colors for Decatur High School Red Raiders! Please visit Jamie's store on Etsy. She has so many cute things for sale.

We are spending a quiet day at home. Lanier suggested we skip church today with so much flu and sickness around and we took her advice. I want Marvin to be rested up before he has surgery tomorrow as we know that the rehab is very challenging. We are anticipating a visit from our children and the grands this afternoon so we get some loving in before our week at the hospital.  We have to be at DGH at six am tomorrow so it will be a very long day. Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes. My blog time may be limited this week but I will try to check in for updates on Marvin's progress.

6 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

I will visit the etsy store. I love all the pretties you have shared. It just feels good to get these new, colorful items!

You both will be in my prayers. May God bless.

Terri D. said...

Count on my prayers, and I look forward to any updates you can give us!

Gina said...

Arlene, Marvin is in my prayers. (you too!)

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks so much friends. With all the prayers going up for my sweet husband, I feel much more serene about the surgery tomorrow. Will update as I can!!

Dixie Delights said...

I hope Marvin's surgery and recovery are going well. Daddy-O had a knee replaced a few years ago and it was really, really hard. xo

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes Amanda, he is doing well right now! I told him he was sweeter when he was on Morphine.lol. I know tomorrow will be more challenging but he is very determined...you know anyone who has three degrees from Georgia Tech is a soldier.:)