Followers

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Krusteaz Does it Again

I love Krusteaz products so when I saw this sourdough bread, I knew I had to try it. With the cold temps here, I made a batch of potato soup yesterday. I thought this would be a great time to try my sourdough bread. It was delicious and very easy to make. I baked mine on my pizza stone and it came out looking very much like the picture on the box. And it tasted good!! Especially with a dab of butter spread on a slice of the bread. I love baking but I have never been able to make yeast breads successfully.  Now I am looking forward to trying more of the artisan breads! If you want to impress dinner guests, this will do it!!

And I am proud to say that the temperatures are climbing today! It is 28 at ten am and should be up in the 40s by this afternoon.  It sure is nice to hear the furnace finally shut off!!  And to think it will be in the 60s by Saturday is just almost unbelievable after this brutal cold. No complaining about it though!!

3 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Hi Arlene, We are happy to be warmer this afternoon, too. The bread sounds delicious, especially with soup.

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I love sourdough bread! Did you find this in your cake/frosting aisle?

Arlene Grimm said...

I found it by the flour section at Walmart Gina.