Followers

Friday, January 31, 2014

Nana's Treasures

 Upstairs in the children's play area, I had painted a letter for each grandchild. But they were looking rather worn and with the addition of Elliott, I decided to make something new for the grands.  I saw this cute idea on Pinterest.  I went by Hobby Lobby and picked up the letters, scrap book paper and alphabet stickers. I would estimate that each finished letter costs about six dollars.  Of course most crafters have lots of paper, glue etc so this is really an easy project.  I used modge podge to glue the paper to the wooden letters then Aleene's tacky glue was used to glue the tabs with the child's name on the paper. Did you know Aleene's tacky glue can now be purchased in a pen for fine gluing? I love it! I chose purple scrap book paper for this K because Kendall loves purple!
 Landon is my blue boy...blue is his favorite color. I also added the year they were born to the letter to make it special.
 Margaret is my pink girl!
 I really liked how Baylor's turned out!  It is hard to find more masculine scrap book paper!!
 And my newest treasure, sweet Elliott.  I got these letters done and hung up on the wall in the play area. It is good to get one project for the new year completed! Now to see if the grands notice their new personalized letters.

3 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

These personalized letters are adorable. I know the grands will love them!

Terri D. said...

What a great project!! Please let us know what the grands think when they see their new letters/names!!

Jennifer Vines said...

I love them--all the special papers for each child & especially the year of birth! Great job!