Followers

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sister Schubert Breakfast Casserole

I am not sure where this recipe came from, I found it in an old craft bag in my closet. I am sure I had intentions of making it but misplaced the copy.  I prepared it for our Sunday School Class on Sunday morning and it got good reviews. I usually follow a recipe exactly the first time I make it and then tweak if necessary. However I did change this one a bit and I do not think the taste suffered at all.

Sister Schubert's Breakfast Casserole

1 package of Sister Schubert Sausage rolls
8 large eggs( I used 6)
1 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
4 cups half and half ( I used 3)
dash of tobasco sauce
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese

Slice each sausage roll into three pieces and place in casserole dish.( If I make it again, I will probably just cut them in half). Sprinkle with cheese.

In separate bowl, mix eggs, half and half and seasonings.  Pour over rolls and cheese. Cover tightly and refridgerate over night. Bake at 325 for 50 t0 55 minutes until set.  Let stand five minutes before serving.  

This recipe looks very pretty in one of the Skyros casserole dishes that my sister in love, Lanier, gave to me as a hostess gift at Thanksgiving.  Hope you and your family will enjoy it! If you are a southerner you know Sister Schuberts rolls cannot be beat!!




3 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Yes, we love SS rolls! This looks delicious. Thank you for sharing.

Gina said...

Arlene, I've never seen sausage rolls. Is that the same thing as those big sausages that you find in the meat department? (Boy, that sounds like a stupid question...)

Arlene Grimm said...

They are small breakfast sausages inside soft rolls Gina. I think they are only sold in the south. Similar to pigs in blankets.