Followers

Friday, February 28, 2014

Breakfast at IHOP

What better way to start the day than pancakes at IHOP with a good friend. My friend Diane and I have breakfast once a month to catch up with each other and we had missed last month due to my nursing duties. Our sweet waitress at IHOP had missed us and was glad to see us return to her little section of the restaurant.

Diane is ten years younger than me but we feel we are secret sisters. We have so many things in common. We both love I LOVE LUCY, old tv shows, old gospel tunes, and our church. We both talk non stop during our breakfasts to get everything in!!  I enjoy having younger friends. I find they keep me on my toes and encourage me to try new things, getting me out of my own little rut.  Diane works full time so we do not get to spend a lot of time together. We really need to plan a spring trip back to Franklin to check out that quaint little town. Our November trip got rained out.

And now I am off to MOPs to see all my ladies there.  When I get home this afternoon I will be making a caramel cake to take to Birmingham tomorrow afternoon. We are going to see the grands and I can hardly wait!! Good Times! So thankful to God for my many blessings of friends and family.

3 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

I love IHOP. So glad you had this time with a special friend.
Wishing you a nice and safe trip to see the grands. I love caramel cake, too!!!

Terri D. said...

Oh, we love IHOP, too!! We go more often for dinner, though. Love breakfast for dinner! Your caramel cake sounds delicious!

Arlene Grimm said...

I love IHOP too Mildred and Terri. We meet at six thirty in the morning so it is not crowded and we can relax and chat. I have tried lots of their bfast menu but Pancakes are my favorite menu item.