Followers

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Busy Saturday

I am not sure what happened to me yesterday and today but the cleaning and organizing bug bit me!! These last two weeks I feel that because Marvin is sitting in his recliner, I should be enjoying a break as well.:) But yesterday I tackled my crafts and realized what  a mess my craft room was!!  I got busy tossing old paint bottles and glue sticks in the garbage. So long to lots of bits and pieces I have held on to thinking I would use them one day....dream on Alice!! Today I set to work on my walk in closet and purged years worth of clothes un worn, socks with holes and items that I just did not like any more!  I love the way an organized closet looks and hope that my closet will stay that way for a while.

It is a beautiful day here in NoAla. While it is cloudy, the temps are in the fifties which seems like quite a heat wave after last years temps.  We spoke with our Bham children today. Ben seems to be suffering no ill effects of his walk in the cold weather. Katy says that Ben's car is now packed with coats, blankets, food etc.  Ben was so cold when he got home that Katy bundled him up and made him some good hot food. Nancy was glad to get home to Charles and their pups, Darlie and Molly.  She said that it was only prayer that kept her from being involved in one of the many fender benders around her. I am so thankful that God watched over my children.

We also got to speak with Miss Margaret. She is such a hoot. She is ready to come and stay a few days with Nana and Grandpa. I told her we would make it happen soon. I sure do miss all my Bham grands. Marvin continues his recovery. So far he is not in love with his new knee. It is still pretty painful and it gives him out to just get up and walk around. We see our surgeon on Tuesday to get the staples out and to see if we are on target in the recovery process.

And tomorrow is Sunday. I am looking forward to church!

4 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Continued prayers for Marvin's recovery. I've been indoors cleaning/organizing today too.
Have a blessed Sunday.

Gina said...

Arlene, doesn't it feel great to clean out the crafts and closets! I need to get working on mine! I hope you have a restful evening!

Terri D. said...

So happy all the kids got home safely!! I'm sorry to hear that Marvin's new knee is not making him happy yet. Sure hope the surgeon finds his progress right on track.

Gina said...

Arlene, you are solo sweet.

a)thank you for the valentine! I've yet to mail mine.

b)about the privacy. I had so many comments from those that wanted to join that I thought what the heck - I'll just make it public. So you can put it in your sidebar if you want. (I'll have to email you pics of the baby instead of post them!)