Followers

Monday, February 24, 2014

Ordinary Time

Well for the first time since Christmas, I am getting back to my regular schedule. Marvin goes back to work today after time off with his total knee replacement.  I have already done a load of laundry and I look forward to getting my house cleaned and back in order. It seems when we are both home together, little messes pop up all over the house.:)  We survived our stomach bug, the sun is shining and the weather is warm. I may just open some windows today to let in some fresh air!! I am a creature of habit so I do look forward to getting back to my routine. I can see that retirement will take some adjustments on both our parts when it arrives. Marvin hopes to work three more years. That will give us time to get ready for the next big adventure in married life!

The finale of Downton Abbey...what can I say? I am glad it ended on a brighter note than it did last year. I think we all loved seeing Mr Carson and Mrs Hughes wading out into the ocean holding hands. I hope this whole Bates thing is over with...I could not stand more heartache for Bates and Anna. I was glad to see Mary toss the ticket into the fire.  And Edith...maybe she is coming into her own, making decisions for herself and going with her heart about her daughter.  As for Mary...two suitors who are both suitable but I like Lord Gillingham the best myself!  Sweet Daisy, she was so pleased that the Americans liked her and wanted her to be their cook but she gave the opportunity to Ivy. Of course, Daisy will inherit her father in law's farm so she could turn out to be a prosperous lady in her own right in the future.   I guess we will all be waiting another year to find out what happens on our "story"!

5 comments:

Dotti said...

I loved Downton last night too! Glad your hubby is doing well.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for dropping by Nanaland and leaving a comment Dotti. I love visitors!! And I love your name. I have a two year old little niece who is named Dottie. It is one you do not hear very often but it is a cute name!!

Blackberry Lane said...

Good Morning, I have never watched DA!
Glad Marvin was well enough to return to work. It took a while for me to adjust to John being home when he became disabled at age 50. It is much harder to keep the house clean and I tire of making 3 meals a day!!!!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mildred, you would LOVE Downton, beautiful clothes, beautiful dishes, gracious living....you must get the first season and watch all four seasons.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh the Downton finale was just pure eye candy for me. I loved it. So much better than last year.

Thank you so very much for visiting Decor To Adore~ Mildred's My Favorite 5 post.

Have a beautiful week!