Followers

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

MOPs Pizza and Painting

 Last night I gathered with a group of my favorite young women to eat pizza and to paint a picture. Thanks to the talented Elena Doepel for sharing her expertise with us. As you can see from the picture above(taken by Tiffany Mooney) we all had a good time trying our hand at being artistic.  Elena brought one of her oil paintings for us to use as an inspiration piece. It was interesting to see that we all had a different take on our own paintings.
 Here is my finished product. I was quite happy with it.
I will be hanging it in my guest room. Thanks to these sweet ladies for letting me be part of their group!!

4 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

How pretty. That sounds like a fun evening.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mildred...I enjoy "piddling" with painting!!

Gina said...

Arlene, what a delightful time! I love the colors in your painting. So rich!

Terri D. said...

I did that years ago, with my mom, and it was such a great experience. It IS amazing how everyone is painting the same scene/subject, but each painting is completely different from the others. We have a place, here in my town, called Paint Along Studios, where you can go in and do that, or take a group, or rent it out for a party. Such fun! Thanks for sharing yours with us. It will look wonderful framed and hanging in your guest room!