Followers

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Once and Five

 Here is a picture of the cast in Once that we saw at the Fabulous Fox Theater on Peachtree Street in Atlanta. Before the show started we were entertained by the cast playing some great Celtic music along with some dancing! It was so much fun. The story opens in Dublin as a young man is contemplating his future in music. He loves music and is a great singer and song writer but he helps his Da at the Vacuum cleaner repair shop and wonders if he can make it as a musician. Along comes a young Czech immigrant who is a grand pianist. She encourages him to try his luck at a career in music. Of course there is a little love story included in the play! We enjoyed the witty dialog and the music in this Broadway play. Of course, if you are looking for Celtic music it is only heard in the warm up. The young Dubliner is a modern balladeer but quite talented so I think most music lovers would enjoy Once.
And a view of the Fox at night...just lovely!!
 We slept in on Sunday then headed to Five bar located in the Lakeside area of Birmingham.  We enjoyed a yummy brunch. I had the shrimp and grits which were YUMMO! During the brunch we were entertained by a Jazz trio and it just added to the great ambience of this restaurant.  Thanks to DIL, Katy, for recommending this eatery to us!!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Good afternoon, Arlene! Every time I see the commercial for the Once play, I tell my husband that we need to go see that. I love the music! and I've never had grits. Will I have to eat it in NC? :-)

Blackberry Lane said...

Such a lovely time you had. The food looks delicious.

Terri D. said...

You sure had a good time, and isn't finding good restaurants while on vacation just the best?!! I also love shrimp and grits.