Followers

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Something to Remember

One of my Facebook friends posted this on her wall last week and it has really resonated with me. Social media, like most things, is good and bad. On facebook I can visit with old friends, keep up with my growing extended family and touch base with local buddies.  On facebook I can also be tempted to covet my friends homes, trips and other blessings.   Just the other day I had two friends who told me that they had to give up facebook. One friend was dismayed at some of the information people feel compelled to share on the internet. My other friend is having a hard time right now. She is caring for her husband who is ill. She said it was so hard seeing other couples their age traveling etc...things that she and her dear husband cannot do due to his illness. I admire these ladies for realizing that facebook was stealing their joy and they did something about it!! As for me, when I am tempted to compare, I am going to try to remember that our graves will all be the same size!!

3 comments:

Rose said...

Arlene, that makes so much sense! I'm not very good at limiting my time online and so my FB had to go. I am happy that many of my friends have blogs or google+. :-)

Rose

Arlene Grimm said...

I know I spend too much time on the NET as well Rose. I am trying to do better at using my time wisely!! Hope you are over your virus...seems lots of bugs are going around.

Terri D. said...

That is an excellent quote, and one to keep repeating! Thank you.