Followers

Saturday, March 29, 2014

The Boys(And Girls) of Summer

 It is that time of the year again...even if the temps feel like Winter!! Softball is here for the kiddos. Kendall has never played before but she is looking forward to a new experience. She is a good fielder and thrower according to Grandpa who braved the temps one afternoon to watch her practice.
And Landon has the stance down in this photo taken by Mom. He hit a triple! His group is machine pitch softball.

Their dad, Nick, enjoys softball so I can see why he wants to pass down his love for ball to his children. But my side of the family has talent in that area also.(And no it did not pass on to me!!). My Granddad Henderson and his brother, Chet, were good at ball. My mother said there was a ball game going on almost every Sunday afternoon when she was a little girl. And my cousin, Mickey, played for Jacksonville State here in NoAla. He even had an opportunity to try out for a major league farm team if I remember correctly!

We are looking forward to spending some Saturday afternoons watching the kiddos play! But today is rainy so we are heading to the movies to see Divergent. I would also like to see God is Not Dead. I have heard so many great reviews on that movie as well. Have a great weekend blog friends.

4 comments:

Terri D. said...

Great shots of the kiddos playing softball! It does say Spring!

We are going to see The Grand Budapest Hotel this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow will find movie reviews on your site and mine?!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, we enjoyed Divergent. Next on my list is God Is Not Dead. I have heard so many raving about it.

Gina said...

A sure sign of spring! Hooray! Now what about those hot dogs?

Arlene Grimm said...

We only have hotdogs on Memorial Day and Fourth of July Gina....I know they are not the best thing for you but they sure are good!!