Followers

Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy Mother's Day to Me

My birthday and Mother's Day are a week apart so my poor husband has to come up with two gifts in one week. After being married for almost 38 years, we have perfected gift giving. You tell me what you want and I will get it for you( within reason). We found out early in our marriage that our "surprise"  gifts were sometimes a dud.  Oh and Money is always a welcome gift too.:)

This year I knew what I wanted for Mother's Day! Some additional pantry storage for my garage. My pantry is small, located under the back stairs. and it needed help. The pantry has wire shelves and even though they are anchored into the studs, I was worried about the shelves giving way. I had the pantry so full that even walking inside it was an adventure.  So Marvin and I headed to Lowes and looked at some of the garage storage cabinets available there.  I found what I wanted and Marvin purchased it for me.

 I spent all day assembling this big boy...and some fussing was involved!! The finished product looks just like the picture on the box however so I am a happy girl.



And here is the inside...very neat and tidy for now!! My inside pantry is also neat and I can actually walk inside it once more!!

 I love being organized so this makes me very happy!! Now I need to get to work on a few other household projects at Nanaland.

3 comments:

Terri D. said...

Joe doesn't get me a Mother's Day gift and I don't buy him a Father's Day gift. I'm not his mom, and he isn't my dad. We leave that up to the kids....

Birthdays, however, are another story. Birthdays are special, and there had better be a gift! LOL

Your new pantry is excellent!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri I take advantage of every holiday for a gift!!!lol I am getting a new iPhone for my bd. My old one is going kaflloey!. I am wondering if Siri will be able to understand my accent!

Gina said...

Arlene, what a wonderful gift! Your shelves are so nicely organized.