Followers

Friday, April 25, 2014

I Love my Garbage Bin!!

When we purchased our townhouse five years ago, it was pretty much a builder grade home. It had a few updates and Marvin and I knew we could gradually put our own stamp on it by adding some things and painting a few rooms. One thing that it did not have was one of those built in garbage container. You know, it looks like a cabinet door, you open it and it conceals your garbage can. For five years my garbage can sat out in my kitchen, mocking me.

I was having lunch with my friend, Terry, at her home not long ago and she showed me her little secret. her garbage can was hidden away in a piece of furniture in her kitchen. She had purchased hers years ago and she was not sure if Sears still offered this perfect little piece. When I got home, I started "googling"....one of my favorite occupations! I found what I was looking for at Sawdust City in Wisconsin. I put in my order and hoped that it would look as good as it did online!

I did not have to wait long for my package to arrive. One afternoon as I was puttering in the kitchen, friend, Susan, from down the street texted me that there was a big package on my front porch. As Susan drives down the street, she goes right by my house and often she will spot a package out front before I do!!  And there it was...my garbage bin!! Marvin helped me to get it inside and to open it up. It was packaged very well, no dings or scratches on my new toy!

It settled in right next to my hutch!!

I love the little shelf for extra garbage bags!!

I added this sweet little owl to the knob. I found Mr Owl at Cracker Barrel in December. He was a Christmas ornament but I loved him so much I kept him on display in the laundry room. Now he resides in the kitchen where he keeps me company as I work. I guess I am easy to pleas...nothing makes me happier that some new organizational product and I LOVE my Garbage Bin!!

6 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

I love this idea. Had no idea they had anything like this. Your owl is cute, too.

Wishing you both a super weekend.

Terri D. said...

A great idea!!

Arlene Grimm said...

I am so pleased with it Mildred and Terri!!! I am easy to please!

Gina said...

Arlene, If you hadn't shown us that it held a trash can, I would never have known. Nice!

Susan said...

I really like that trash can! Thanks for sharing.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for visiting Susan!! I have had my bin for a year now and I still love it.