Followers

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Nothing Like a Dame

I had reported earlier in the year that Angela Lansbury and Penelope Keith would be receiving the title of Dame for their achievements in the arts. And this week it happened in London. Here is a picture of Angela Lansbury receiving her honor from Queen Elizabeth. I hope I am as active as these two are when I am an octogenarian. For those of us who know and love Miss Lansbury, you might be interested to know that she was born in England and holds dual citizenship in the United States and Great Britain.

Here are the two lovely ladies!!

If you love Brit Coms, you will be familiar with the name, Penelope Keith. Ms Keith starred in Good Neighbors and To the Manor Born which can be seen here in the states on many PBS channels. Penelope also received the title, Dame Penelope Keith. Here she is recieving her medal from the queen.

What an honor for these two actresses!! Both ladies have given me much pleasure with their acting capabilities and it is good to see them rewarded for their services.



5 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Good for them! I especially love Ms. Lansbury.

Arlene Grimm said...

Me Too Mildred. She is probably one of my favorite actresses. I own quite a few Murder She Wrote DVDs. Now I see you can get the whole set on Amazon...I put it on my wish list!!

Terri D. said...

Wonderful photos, and honors well-deserved! Thanks for sharing!

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes..it is nice to see two truly classy ladies lauded by the Queen, Terri!!

Gina said...

I am not familiar with the second actress but I've always loved Angela Lansbury. She seems such a sweetheart!