Followers

Monday, April 14, 2014

Rainy Day

It is a rainy morning here in NoAla.  I would normally be glad for a rainy day. Rainy days are perfect for puttering about the house, doing little chores and taking a break to read a bit of a book. But today I have a dental appointment in Huntsville. My dentist, Dr Cook, is going to begin work on a crown for me. Oh if it were only the kind of crown that Queen Elizabeth wears, however mine is not. My crown requires novacaine and at least an hour in the "chair".  This will be the first dental work that I have had done by Dr Cook as he took over the practice of our former dentist, who retired. So that makes me a little apprehensive.   Let's just put it this way, Dentists give me the heebie jeebies. You would think that in the 21st Century, Dental Work would not be a PAIN!!

But after going to the dentist, I am going to stop at the library, which is one of my favorite places in Decatur. I am returning season five of Foyle and I will pick up Season Six. Marvin and I have really enjoyed watching Foyle's War. We also watched the movie, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel over the weekend. It was an interesting film about the outsourcing of old people. Any film with Maggie Smith and Judi Dench as stars must be good.

And today is also the beginning of Holy Week for Christians. I want to take time this week to really focus on my faith and to remember how blessed I am to be a believer and to be able to declare on Easter Sunday, He is Risen, He is Risen Indeed!!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Arlene, I hope your dental work didn't hurt too much! Yikes!

I haven't seen any of Foyle's War but I have seen the Marigold Hotel. Very sweet and I enjoyed it.

Did you find any books at the library?

Arlene Grimm said...

Gina, my dental appointment went well. My new dentist is very good!! Foyle's war really brings home how the people of England suffered through the war for so many years. I do think they were part of the greatest generation. As for the library, I picked up three books...can't even remember the names right now.:) I am reading the latest Monica Ferris mystery. Her main character owns a shop called Crewel World. Lots of neat needlework crafts and she usually includes a pattern in the book!! I think you would enjoy them Gina. I will try to do a Book Blog soon. Just finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty and it was good.

Terri D. said...

Hope the dentist appointment went well. I need to explore the series and the movie you mentioned. They sound good, and I trust your judgement! Wishing you a blessed Easter week. He IS risen, indeed!

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, my appt went well. I was surprised!!! You will enjoy Foyles War....great series! I hope to do a book post soon.