Followers

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sing Along with Patch the Pirate!!

When my three children were young they were introduced to Patch the Pirate at Triana Village Baptist School. In fact, Patch visited the school when Ben and Amelia were in Kindergarten and First Grade. I had never heard of Patch but from listening to the songs my children learned at school, I knew his tapes(Old School) were worth investing in for character building. To be honest, Charles enjoyed the songs more than Ben and Amelia and he owned a basketful of tapes. He would often go to sleep at night listening to Patch.

Fast forward 20 something years and now my grands love to listen to Patch on CDs. We always listen to Patch as we are on our way to school or out doing errands. Kendall's favorite CD is The Friendship Mutiny while Landon has a new favorite...Stickyfoot. Landon told me that when I was reading to him about Stickyfoot from the Majesty Music catalog, he thought Nana was saying Stinkyfoot. You know that is a CD that any little boy would love.:) Each Patch CD imparts some character building message in a way that children(and Adults) can relate to as they sing the songs. The Stickyfoot CD message is Bitter to Better. I don't know about you but that is a lesson I can relate to in my life!


Here is a picture from the catalog.......Stickyfoot is a legendary creature up in the Lake Champlain area of the United States and he leaves big footprints filled with maple syrup.  He is scaring away tourists so he must be stopped.  Patch the Pirate and his crew of sailors are up for the job of solving this mystery.

One of our favorite songs on the CD is Wah Wah Wah Call the Wahmbulance!! Landon sings it so much that I go to sleep at night with it echoing in my head until I go to sleep! Here are the words.

Wah Wah Wah Call the Wahmbulance.
A pity party's starting any minute.
Wah Wah Wah Call the Wahmbulance. 
Quit Complaining or  we will 
put you in it!!
Trust in God don't be a whiner
Be a Trusting in your Savior 
All the Timer.
Because if you make a fuss 
Call the Wahmbulance 
We Must
Wah Wah Wah Call the Wahmbulance!!


It is a cute song with a lot of truth to it! I appreciate Patch so much for all the fun and Biblical messages he has imparted to my Children and my precious Grandchildren. God Bless You Patch the Pirate!!

4 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Those lyrics are cute as can be and yes, we can all relate to the messages taught in these cd's.

Blessings to you tonight.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mildred....Some days I am surprised the Wahmublance does not come to pick me up!!

Mrs.T said...

We love Patch the Pirate in this family too! We began listening to his tapes as you did, when the kids were young. Now, all those years later the ministry continues to another generation and the songs are better than ever. 5 of our grandkids are in Patch the Pirate Clubs and they love singing and presenting the songs and skits every month. Currently, they are doing the songs from The Kingdom Chronicles. Lots of truth about the armor of God in this one.

We have the ones you mentioned and have enjoyed both of them a lot. I highly recommend Incrediworld also -- it's all about creation vs. evolution and takes place in a theme park. Bet your grands would love it!

Arlene Grimm said...

We have a bunch of the old ones Mrs T but I am trying to get some of the newer ones as well. They want the newest one, Spy Academy! I think I enjoy them as much as the kids do!!