Followers

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sweet Saturdays

What is nicer than sleeping in a bit and waking to a beautiful sunshiny day? After several dreary days the sunshine is back. The trees here in NoAla are leafing out, Dogwoods are beginning to bloom and I even saw some beautiful yellow tulips yesterday as I was out and about.  Seems spring is here and we can break out our flip flops!!

Yesterday I spent the morning with a new friend, Terry. We go to church together and recently Terry and her husband began coming to our Sunday School Class. We emailed a bit and found that we had lots in common. As I toured her lovely home, I saw many of the same things I love...bunnies, copper molds, pictures of ancestors, and she has a huge stash of stationery!! I love all things paper so I knew we were kindred spirits indeed.( By the way, our Sunday School Class is called Kindred Spirits!!).  After a nice lunch of chicken salad and strawberry pretzel salad, I headed off to do my Friday errands in a very happy frame of mind.  God is so good to bless us with friends!!

Today will find Nana and Grandpa at the Ball Fields as Kendall and Landon have their first softball games of the season.  Go Grands!!

3 comments:

Kelly TalkoftheHouse said...

Flip flops indeed! Glad you are seeing blooms in your area. I love pretzel salad and I should make some this weekend. Thanks for the idea!
Enjoy your sunny weekend.

Arlene Grimm said...

Send me a piece of it Kelly!! They also make Mandarin Orange pretzel salad at many of the restaurants here but I opt for strawberry all the time!!

Terri D. said...

It is always nice to have a new friend, especially one with so much in common with you!!