Followers

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Throw Back Thursday....The Mothers Table

 In one corner of my bedroom I have a "Mothers Table". It has pictures of many special mothers, some I have known and loved, some I have only heard about.
 This is a picture of my Grandmother Tankersley, Naomi Swanson Tankersley. Grandmother's mother, Rebecca, died when Naomi was a very little girl. Here is grandmother posed with her daddy, Papa Swanson.
 Here is a picture of me and Amelia. She was about 11 in this photograph and that would make me 36.
 Here is a picture of me when I was just a toddler. I am with Grandmother Henderson, Lena Parrish Henderson and my mother, Marjorie Henderson Tankersley. To the left in the small picture frame is my Grandmother Henderson's mother, Lillie Bearden Parrish. That is four generations of Mamas!!
 And here is my great great grandmother, Julia Henderson. She looks rather stern doesn't she? She had a hard life, losing her husband, Daniel Henderson in the early days of the Civil War. She carried on, raising her family and farming!
 Here I am with Kendall and there is Baby Margaret!!
 One shelf is reserved for the Crane and Grimm side of the family. Here is precious Mama G on her wedding day!!
 Mama G, her mother, Pansy Morel Crane and Margaret and Kendall as toddlers.

Here is Papa G's mother who died when he was only a baby. She is very dignified in her stylish hat!! Her name was Mina Adeline Hasse Grimm. And in the foreground is Amelia, age ten and Kendall, age 3. You can tell they are mother and daughter.

I have several more pictures I need to add to my collection. Each time I dust and straighten the table, I think of all these ladies who raised fine families!!

5 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

I love this collection. Thanks for sharing these treasured photos.

Unknown said...

I can see Kendall's resemblance to Grandmother Naomi.

31ea0b50-77e0-11e3-88d0-000bcdcb8a73 said...

Why do I always show up as unknown???

Arlene Grimm said...

I don't know why it shows up that way Susa! And you are right, Kendall and Grandmother do favor!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Susan!