Followers

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Another One....

Last week I posted a blog about my gallery wall that features crosses, well I have added another cross to my wall.

My friend, Andrea, is going on a mission trip to Uganda and she is making and selling these crosses to fund her mission trip. I was happy to purchase one to add to my collection and to encourage Andrea.

Andrea was approached by some other ladies at our church about joining their group to go to Uganda one month ago. She was hesitant at first and even told God she would just sit this one out but it appears He had different plans. :)  Through a series of events, God assured Andrea that not only did He want her to go on the mission trip but He would help with the details! The group plans to leave on June 19th and they will be gone for about two weeks. While in Uganda they will be holding a Women's Conference which will include Bible Studies and classes on hygiene. I know they will be such an encouragement to the Ugandan Ladies.  I look forward to hearing all about it when Andrea returns to our Titus Ladies Group!!

5 comments:

Thankyouabba said...

Where will they be in Uganda? We have an orphanage and a school there. It would be so cool if they were going to be near there...maybe they could pop in on our babies and send them our love in person!

Nicole Boyle

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Natalie Nicole!! I am not sure where they will be going in Uganda. I will have to find out. My nephew worked 8 wks as a doctor at a clinic near an orphanage several years ago. He has a real heart for Africa. I am sure Uganda is a big place and I know there are many orphanages there due to children losing their parents to AIDS.

Terri D. said...

Your new cross is just lovely! That is a great way to raise money for the mission trip!

Blackberry Lane said...

Lovely addition to your collection and I wish her a safe and blessed trip.
Hope you have a nice weekend.
We got moved yesterday.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Terri...I am always on the lookout for unique additions to my wall.

Mildred, so glad to have you visit today. I know you must be worn out with moving! I cannot wait to see photos of your new home. I know it will be lovely!