Followers

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Birthday Week

This is my birthday week....I turn 59 on Saturday.  I am celebrating all week long. On Sunday when we returned from Nashville, I found a surprise birthday package in my mailbox. One of my sweet blog friends sent me a package full of fun things. She knows I love all things Mary Engelbreit so she included a cute tin and a note pad and pen. But along with those sweet things was a pretty candlewicked heart, made by hand just for me!!

And I had to share a picture of my goodies, including some beautiful tea cup note cards that my friend, Deborah, gave me as a happy.  Both these ladies know I love paper goods.

Thursday I will spend the day with my friends, Susan and Deborah, then head to Panera in the afternoon for a visit with my Titus Ladies group from church.  Friday I will have dinner with Marvin at Olive Garden then Saturday, my sweet daughter in law, Nancy, is making me my favorite Korean meal, bulgogi.

Unfortunately, it is also time for my six month check up at the doctor at the end of May....I am afraid the scales may give away how much I enjoyed my birthday!!

6 comments:

Mrs R said...

Arlene, your birthday comment made me smile. I have been away far too long and just today feel the words beginning to flow. And you know I tend to keep things unpredictable and have returned to lantern light. Love all your little gifts and your week sounds wonderful!

Terri D. said...

Tell your doctor that there is always next month. Or do what I've done....cancel and reschedule next month! Ha! Celebrate well, and do it all month! Birthdays are special.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs R, can you send me the link to Lantern Light. I cannot find it on my bookmarks. And Terri, I need some prescriptions filled so I MUST go then.lol....I got on the scale this am to be accountable during the birthday madness!!

Blackberry Lane said...

What a fun birthday week you have planned. I love all your goodies you received. I hope you enjoy every minute of your special week. Best wishes at your dr. checkup.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Mildred....I am looking forward to a nice birthday. I received two cards in the mail today!!

Mrs R said...

Arlene, if you click on my name in your comment section, it will show you the link & take you there.

Oh dear, the dreaded scale. I would consider it a gift to not get on it! :-)