Followers

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Dining Room Table Blues

I have been changing up a few things in my house and decided the lantern I had on my dining room table looked better on my tea cart so that left me looking for something new for my table. Since it is summer, I wanted something light and uncomplicated. I checked at Ross and TJ Maxx without success.  I found this inexpensive platter at Tuesday morning that I am using until I come up with something better.

It is pretty and it incorporates several colors in my kitchen and dining room but it is just so PLAIN by itself. I am loving the summery colors and the whimsical pattern yet I feel it needs something to add to it. So I will be on the hunt for something to spruce it up. Or I may do something totally different. Any ideas from my blog friends?  I am heading over to pinterest for some ideas!!

3 comments:

Terri D. said...

How about a nice candle for the center? Set it on a crystal or even transparent plastic plate, so the colors come through! I LOVE platters and bowls. This one is great! Good find!

Mrs R said...

Arlene, the colors are gorgeous! How about candy? :-)

Here's the link http://by--lantern--light.blogspot.com

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Ladies...I am going to be on the lookout for something to add to it!! I am going antiquing with friends tomorrow so I may find something then!!