Followers

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Gallery Wall

It seems that Gallery Walls are very popular in the decorating world right now.  I see many of them in magazines and on blogs that I follow. When decorating with a gallery wall, you can make it anything you like. I have seen some galleries that were just photographs along with other galleries that featured collectibles of some kind....clocks, baskets etc. In one of the magazines I subscribe to, a decorator had used cork screws that a gentleman had collected over the years to make a special gallery wall for this client.

I have started what you would call a gallery wall in my kitchen. My gallery is a work in progress as I am in the process of adding to it!

I have always loved crosses and over the years I have collected several. The ones I have are special to me so my gallery wall will only grow as I find crosses that speak to me.  The tiny cross at the top of the photograph came from New Mexico...it is a copper and turquoise cross. the Blue cross below it is one I picked up at Hobby Lobby just because I liked it! The porcelain green and cream cross was a gift to me from my friend, Carol. She noted that I had crosses through out my house and she gave me this one. The big cross is one I picked up in Hartselle last week at The Bumblebee.

When I saw it I loved the ruggedness and the old tin cross tied to the middle of this cross. The colors were pretty too and incorporated several of the colors I have used in my kitchen.

My gallery wall of crosses encourages me each time I look at it and I hope it will bless visitors to my house as well.








4 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

You have some beautiful crosses. I know you treasure each one and will enjoy searching for others to add. These aqua/cream/brown tones are the colors in my kitchen, also.

Wishing you a nice day.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks MIldred!! Are you settled in your new house yet? Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new home!

Terri D. said...

What a great idea! Lovely crosses!

Blackberry Lane said...

Hi, Just now saw your question....we are due to close on the new house next Friday. We are certainly ready and anxious!