Followers

Thursday, May 15, 2014

So True!!

I saw this on a friend's Facebook page and I had to "save" it.  When I was a little girl, my Daddy called me "Aunt Nolie" in reference to his great aunt, Miranda Magnolia...don't you just love that name?? He called me that because I loved to talk...ALL THE TIME just like his Aunt Nolie.  I have two granddaughters who inherited that family trait as well.  But then the Tankersley family are big talkers and always have been as long as I can remember. When Marvin first attended a Tankersley family event he could not get over all the different conversations going on in one room. The Grimms, being German, are not big on talking!! Ben and Amelia, my older children are more Grimm in personality while youngest son, Charles, is a talker too!

As I have gotten older I have tried to curb some of my talking....giving others a chance to get a word in every now and then.  So when I saw the Facebook post I knew it was for me!!  It also reminds me that a  lot of what I talk about is not very worthwhile and sometimes I need to just sit quietly and listen. I might even learn something!!

4 comments:

Terri D. said...

I LOVE the name Miranda. Would have named a daughter Miranda, if I had had one. Magnolia makes a great middle name. Awesome!

Mrs R said...

Love the sign! Sometimes it is hard to remember that we have two ears and one mouth! Though I can't imagine that you would talk too much! :-)

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, I love Magnolia too...would not shorten it to Nolie as they did in my family!! Mrs R, sometimes I talk too much but I am working on listening. Glad you visited...I tried the link you sent for lantern light and it went to some car tire site. I was so bummed...I look forward to my blog visits with you!!

Arlene Grimm said...

Mrs R...never mind....clicked on your name and was able to go to Lantern light!!hurray!!