Followers

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Rocking Away

This pretty rocking chair came to me last week thanks to my neighbor, Janet.  We were in our respective garages, cleaning out and tidying up those spaces that seem to get so cluttered. Janet asked if I would like to have this rocking chair as it was just taking up room in her garage. She related that her daughter was not interested in antiques and Janet wanted me to have it if I would like it. Well I did not have to think twice on that!  I brought it to my house and I have enjoyed "rocking" again. What is it about rocking chairs? Do they remind us of our mom's rocking us when we were babies? The rhythm of the rocking chair is so comforting.  I admit I have spent some time rocking my cares away in this pretty chair since it arrived at my house. I told my sweet neighbor that I would keep it safe for her and if her daughter changes her mind, it will be here waiting on her. How could anyone resist this pretty chair??

3 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

It is a beautiful chair. The seat is in perfect condition. I love to rock, too. I have 2 wicker rockers for the porch that mother and I always sat in. I cherish the memories of hours spent rocking with her.

Terri D. said...

I can't believe your neighbor had the lovely chair in her garage! What a blessing that she gave it to you!

Arlene Grimm said...

I know Ladies...I love it!!