Followers

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Three Cheers for Red, White and Blue!!

I have been faithfully caring for my red, white and blue garden and it is coming along. It took quite a while for the white impatiens to bloom. But now they are blooming and my theme garden is coming together.

The lobelia looks rather purple in the photograph but it is a pretty bright blue. This is the first time I have ever planted it but it is becoming a favorite.

Hopefully the impatiens will continue to pop right up and the red, white and blue will be easily seen from the street.

I have been able to keep my petunias and snowflowers going in their planter. I had just dead headed the plants, hoping for some new blooms.

For some reason our Home Owners Association will not allow us to have flags flown in the front of our homes. This includes the American Flag and Seasonal Flags. You must fly them from the back of your home. We did not know of this rule before we bought our home. So my red, white and blue garden is my own living salute to the USA. I am hoping that by July 4th, it will be spectacular!!

2 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Very pretty. I had lobelia in window boxes many years ago; I love the brilliant blue flowers.

Terry said...

Beautiful job, Arlene!