Followers

Monday, May 5, 2014

Wonderful Weekend

We had a busy but fun weekend, starting in Bham Friday night!

Margaret wanted Grandpa to rock her like a little baby!! So he did.



After Margaret and Baylor were in bed, Elliott decided he would rather be up with Nana and Grandpa.
He was not a fan of sitting in his bouncer.....he did not have to stay there long as Nana and Grandpa are 
suckers for Elliott's sad cry!! He is usually a happy camper so when he cries it is heartbreaking !!

Saturday I was out early for Saturday with the Sisters at our church. We made a really cute craft to give the teachers at Nungester Elementary School for Teacher Appreciation Day. Nungester School is our next door neighbor so our church has been a helping hand to this public school. Many people in the church are lunch buddies, reading helpers and classroom grandparents. It is a fun ministry for FBC.


On my way home from church I saw a man selling beautiful petunias at a road side stand. I was on the look out for a red white and blue flower for my front porch. He did not have red white and blue but he did have this pretty red petunia planted withe the tiny Snowflake white flowers. I was so happy to bring it home with me. It fit perfectly in the iron plant stand that I found in an antique shop in Hartselle.

Sunday was church, lunch with our good friends, Barry and Sharon, then home for a quiet afternoon of rest. This week will be a busy one so I am glad for that rejuvenating Sunday nap!!

3 comments:

Terri D. said...

The flowers are gorgeous! What fun to have the little ones. Poor Elliott does look stressed for some reason, bless his heart!

Arlene Grimm said...

Elliott knows that Nana and Grandpa will not let him cry long Terri...and he is right about that. But I want to enjoy this baby as long as I can. Soon he will be up on his feet toddling around!!

Blackberry Lane said...

Somehow I missed this post. Love your photos.

I love flowers/veggies from road side stands. Your flowers are pretty.