Followers

Friday, June 27, 2014

A Two Drop Morning

Have you ever had a day that just did not start out right??? Or several days for that matter? This has been a bad week for me with many things weighing on my heart and mind. Yesterday I went to the hairdresser in a funk and came out with a short haircut that I am still trying to get used to!! I have worn my hair short in years past and since it had some damage from the heating iron, I decided to let Christa chop it off. It is cute but different. Then I had plans for breakfast with a friend...that fell through and I was just in a downward spiral. Thank goodness for my Young Living Essential Oils. They have really made a difference in my life. Knowing that Frankinsense is good for a blue day, I went to my oils and rubbed in two drops. Within 15 minutes I was feeling more like my old self and went about getting my house ready for my weekend visitors, Baylor and Elliott. Heaven knows you do not want to be in a bad mood when those grands come to visit.

Thanks to another oily friend for her graphic art....as you can see, Frankincense  has many uses. One of the things I like about it is that it boosts your immune system and prevents you from picking up all the bugs around you.  A day does not go by that I do not use my YLEOs. I started my day with a shot of Citrus Fresh in Water. It wakes you up, gets you going and helps fight the munchies!  I rub on Frankincense or Joy if I am having a bad day. Stress Away and Peace and Calming are also good for a stressful day. I use Peace and Calming on my grands when they are having a bad day...believe me it helps us all to feel better!  At bedtime I diffuse Lavender, Lemon and Cedarwood. It helps me to get to sleep and stay asleep. Lavender and lemon have also helped me to get off Allegra which I had taken for years for allergies. I also use Myrtle to give my synrthroid a boost.  I must say that I am not a doctor just a sceptical old nurse and these natural products have helped me to put aside many of the OTC and prescription meds that I had been taking.  I will never stop taking my hypertensive meds or my thyroid meds but the oils have helped me to control both issues in a healthier way.  And now I am ready to get down on the floor and play with my two boys! It is going to be a good weekend.

2 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Shelby cut my hair much shorter this week, too.

Very interesting info about the oils. Some scents give me a headache - these must not be very strong smelling ??

Arlene Grimm said...

Terri, I am kind of dreading going to church tomorrow with such a drastic change in hairstyle....lol. Oh well, it will grow out and I will let it.

I diffuse most of my oils and they do not bother me and some scents do...I cannot take candle stores etc. Also you put the stinkier oils on your feet so that keeps it from being a bother. The largest pores in your body are on the feet so it is a good place to let them absorb and do their work.