Followers

Thursday, June 5, 2014

VBS

Here is what a five year old boy looks forward to after a busy day at Bible School. Landon came home, ate lunch and sacked out!! Central Park Baptist has an exciting Vacation Bible School going on this week here in Decatur. Kendall and Landon attend Central Park with their dad and step mom and they have looked forward to this week for quite a while.

As I dropped them off I was so pleased at how well organized the Bible School was as the workers directed children to their groups. Everyone was so polite and friendly that I felt very comfortable dropping off my two for three hours of Bible fun.  Kendall related to me that the money they are taking up for an offering will go to help build wells for people in Africa. There is a big missionary emphasis in this week's classes. Landon received a little canteen to collect his money for the offering. The music is great too. Both children received CDs with the theme music so that they can learn the songs as they will sing them for the Central Park congregation on Sunday.

I am so thankful for the men and women who have given their time this week to teach the young ones about the importance of sharing their faith with others. I was really blessed to see so many older ladies helping in the VBS...and I mean ladies who looked as if they were in their 70s and 80s. I guess no one informed them that after they raised their children they were done with VBS obligation.:)  Thanks to this group of Believers! They have made an impact on my grands this week.

3 comments:

Terri D. said...

I have good memories of VBS, and of Methodist Youth Fellowship, when I was older. It helps to create a firm foundation, indeed.

Arlene Grimm said...

Yes it does Terri!!

Mrs R said...

Arlene, my children loved VBS. I remember volunteering but more as a helper/& in the kitchen than teaching. Oh the good old days! Your grands will have a wonderful time!