Followers

Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday Monday

Marvin commented last night that he hated to see the weekend come to an end. We did have a good one, full of food, friends, family and fun. And Saturday was a day where we just kicked back and rested. After two busy weekends in a row, we were glad to have NOTHING to do on Saturday.

Sunday started our new Summer Schedule at First Bible Church of Decatur, where we are members. Every summer we take six weeks "off" from Sunday School. We have two worship services and the children, aged 4 and up come to worship service with their parents. It is good for the little ones to learn to sing with the congregation and to begin to learn to sit quietly and listen to God's Word.  Marvin and I attend the early service at 9:15. Yesterday we were able to join some friends for brunch at Cracker Barrel after the service.

Today I am meeting an old friend for coffee at Panera. Our children are about the same age and we do not get to see one another as we would like to! Sometimes you just have to have a "plan" or an "appointment" to get things done! I am also looking forward to a visit from my niece, Jessica Grimm. She and her two little ones, Eden and Adeline, will stop by for a visit on their way from Chattanooga to Memphis. I have ten great nieces....Sarah, Allison, Christen,  Lila, Anna Cate, Ellis, Eden, Adeline, Dottie and Sallie.  Anna Cate and Sallie were born recently so I look forward to getting to see them one day soon. We are blessed with Girls in this generation. I also have three great nephews, Lee, Paul and Rob.

So, it is back to the old routine...but then I am a creature of habit so routines suit me!!

2 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. Hope you enjoy all your visits this week.

Mrs R said...

Arlene, holidays are wonderful but I prefer everydayness with their routines! Cracker Barrel and Panera - two of my favorites. Enjoy!