Followers

Friday, July 18, 2014

MOPs

I am excited to be a part of MOPs again this year. I had to take a break last year from being a Grandmother of Preschoolers in this group so I am excited about another chance to minister to these young moms.  Last night I had the privilege of hosting Mom's Night Out in my home. I had about 12 young moms spend the evening eating and playing games as it was Game Night. I had prepared the snacks as I wanted the moms to just have a carefree evening out from the kiddos.  We always have a good time because these moms are practically giddy at getting out for a bit for fellowship with other moms.

I admitted that I seldom played games anymore now that my own children are grown up but we played a lot of games when they were young. The girls question to me was, What games did you play with your kids? I had to think just a minute...Racko, Cootie, Sorry and Uno were favorites. We played Uno quite a bit when they were old enough to follow the rules.  I remember one evening when the in laws were in town and we settled down to play after dinner. My father in law accused us of not playing the game correctly since the rules changed according to the color or number you had in your hand. Actually he thought we were cheating!! :) We get a little competitive in our family!

I made some sweet and salty snacks....sausage balls, ham rolls, chex mix, tortilla roll ups were the savory while Blondies and Chocolate Chewies were the sweet treats. One of the girls told me that she saw my post about Gottlieb's Chocolate Chewies and she hoped that I had made them for MOPs.

I always enjoy being with these young women. They are so much fun and I always come away with a blessing each time I have them in my home.

3 comments:

Terri D. said...

What a wonderful ministry!! It is great that you can participate again, and be such a good mentor to your group of young moms!

Arlene Grimm said...

I love this group Terri...they are a blessing to me.

Blackberry Lane said...

What a blessing you are to these women. I know they had a blast.