Followers

Friday, July 11, 2014

Who Me?

A friend posted this quote on Facebook this morning and it hit home with me.  I want to have a servant's heart but often when "treated like a servant" I get a bit rebellious.  It is something I need to work on!!

I am looking forward to this weekend as I am helping some other ladies host a shower for a young lady who is getting married on August 2nd. It is always fun to be with these ladies and I do enjoy seeing a young bride to be opening all the gifts she will be showered with at her party. And this bride wants to open her gifts at the party. At several showers I have attended lately, the bride prefers to visit with her guests, have the hostesses open the gifts and display them. I guess I was a greedy little bride because I loved tearing into all those gifts many years ago! Some of us OLD brides have decided that we need showers to replace all the things we have worn out!  Now that would be a party wouldn't it???

4 comments:

Terri D. said...

Half the fun is opening the gifts, and allowing your guests to see your face when their gift is opened. Isn't that what it is all about? I am so guilty about sending a gift and not attending. I just don't like showers, unless it is promised that there won't be silly games. I just hate shower games.

Arlene Grimm said...

No games at this one Terri...I totally agree about those. Just visiting and opening presents is a good shower for me.

Blackberry Lane said...

Have a wonderful time.

Mrs R said...

Hi Arlene,

I've never heard of the hostess opening the gifts. That doesn't sound like much fun (unless you are the hostess!)

Have a lovely time and when you get a chance, I'd love to have you visit me. I've moved over to http://little-portion-cottage.blogspot.com. I've been tweaking it and I think I finally have it all ready. The welcome mat is out. :-)