Followers

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Randomness

I am posting late today because I had some company from Chatsworth. My sweet cousin, Holly, and her family came to spend the night with us and today we traveled over to  Ivy Green, the home of Helen Keller. The rain dampened things a bit but we had a good time together and we enjoyed an Italian lunch at Ricattoni's in Florence.  Holly was born in 1972 and was a much loved baby in our family. She was my flower girl when we married on her birthday(Sept 4th) in 1976.  Now she is the mom of middle schoolers!  It really brightened my day to have her come visit as it was one year ago today that my daddy went home to be with the Lord. We will always miss him!

Today I am posting some pictures from the first week in August here in No'Ala.



First day of Kindergarten for Landon! Teachers these days do such fun things for the students.

Kendall posing as she leaves home for the first day of third grade!!

Our Margaret, posing as Mary the mother of Jesus. Is this not the sweetest face??

And a last picture from our vacay...On the way home from the beach we stopped at a Krispy Kreme in Foley, Alabama for breakfast! Yes, I know, the breakfast of champions, right? But oh so yummy and a great way to end the week of vacation!!

4 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

God bless you as your remember your daddy, especially this day. Glad Holly could visit with you. I love the photos of the children. KK makes the BEST doughnuts.

Terri D said...

It is a rule to have donuts on vacation - at least it is at our house!

Wonderful photos, and how wonderful to have company as you remember your sweet dad. Hugs!

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for the comments Mildred and Terri. I always look forward to your visits here in Nanaland. We had a good day in Tuscumbia and I plan to post some pictures from the Helen Keller House on Monday.

Mrs R said...

Arlene, what cute first day of school pictures! And oh my donuts!!