Followers

Thursday, August 7, 2014

So Long to the Beach

Thanks so much for all the comments on yesterday's post! I think it has been my most popular post as a blogger. Rhoda from Southern Hospitality commented and gave me a thumbs up so that made my day. I think Rhoda's blog was the first blog I ever bookmarked and read on a daily basis before I began blogging.  If you enjoy decorating and DIY, check out Rhoda's blog. She and her octogenarian daddy rehabbed a 1970 era house that Rhoda purchased several years ago. What a transformation! You can find her blog on my blog roll.

While we were at the beach, we endeavored to get a picture of Grandpa and Nana with all five grands. The times are few and far between when our whole family is together so a week of togetherness called for photographs.  I talk about my grands a lot..after all, my blog is Nanaland, but I got some good photos of my children as well this week.  

First I have to share one last beach photo of the Grimm men walking home from the beach one day. Daughter in law, Nancy, captured this one. 


Genetics is apparent here...all the men are walking just alike. Heads down and arms out from the sides. Grimm men get teased because of the Arms Out poses. Charles said his wedding photographer told him to stop standing like a gorilla.:) When I took pictures of Marvin and his Minnesota cousins at a reunion several years ago, I noticed that all the Grimm men posed in the same manner. 

Charles, my youngest son, with wife, Nancy. They just celebrated five years of marriage.


Daughter, Amelia, Nancy and Charles. It was taken on a phone so pardon the poor quality! Amelia had to go back to Decatur on Tuesday to work so this is the only formal photo I got of her! 

Oldest son, Ben, and his wife Katy. They have been married five years as well. They enjoyed an evening out with Charles and Nancy while Nana and Grandpa babysat!

And finally, the stars of the week...the grandchildren!

Nana and her girls, Kendall and Margaret. Getting a good picture of Margaret can be a challenge. She is not into posing like cousin, Kendall.

Grandpa and the boys...Landon, Baylor and Elliott.

Ta Da..the whole crew and everyone but Elliott is looking at the camera!!

So long beach, hello new school year. Kendall and Landon start back to school this week. Kendall starts today and Landon starts tomorrow. It is Landon's first year at Priceville Elementary where he will be in Kindergarten. Time is flying by much too quickly for this Nana. 

6 comments:

Terri D said...

Wonderful photos, to go with your wonderful memories!! Time does, indeed, go much too quickly. We can't stop it, either. Sigh.

Blackberry Lane said...

Looks like a great time together and such a treasury of photographs.

Blackberry Lane said...

I read back through your blog to find this photo of Baylor. He is precious and I'm thankful that you will have the assistance that he needs for the best possible outcome.

Arlene Grimm said...

He is a beautiful boy Mildred and I am praying for the best for him!!

Blackberry Lane said...

I wanted to have his precious face in my mind's eye when I pray for him.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mildred, I so appreciate your looking for his photo. I do better praying for someone if I can see their face! He is a precious boy...beautiful blue eyes and a smile that lights up the room. We love him so!!