Followers

Monday, August 4, 2014

Time Out

I thought I would take a Time Out from Vacation photos to do a Back to School Post. I am sure a lot of  you think I am crazy? Back to School already???But here in Alabama, the children go back to school this week. Yes, I think it is crazy too but it is what it is. My grands have their orientation this morning. They will visit their classes and meet their teachers. I was perusing Pinterest for a Happy for the grands to take to their teacher and came up with a combo idea. ( And hubs says, Are you bribing the teacher??)lol... maybe!! If you would like to make something for your child's teacher, Pinterest has lots of ideas for gifts of all kinds for Teacher.

I put this Happy together using my high bed in the guest room as a table.:)  I made a little tag that reads, Dear Mrs......., We hope your year is full of Snickers and Joy with all your Sharpies!! Kendall and her Family.  I put the Snickers and Almond Joys in a clear bag and tied it with ribbon. I gathered the Sharpies up and tied them together  with the pretty chevron ribbon.

All the goodies went into the pink bag I got at Walmart for 25 cents. I added Landon's gift enclosure as well with his first and last name. Landon and Kendall are both popular names at Priceville Elementary it seems!

Kendall's pretty enclosure...matches the bag!

Using a hole punch and more pretty ribbon, the Happy is ready to head off to school this morning. If you are more tech savy than me, you can print up enclosures but I like the home made touch myself! Teachers do so much for our children and they deserve a little Happy every now and then through out the school year.


3 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Hi Arlene, Very thoughtful and cute gift for the teachers. Welcome home!

Terri D. said...

This is a fabulous idea, Arlene!

I wish I had some little ones heading off to school so I could make one to send with them. Our youngest grand will be a senior in high school and lives 3.5 hours away. He would roll his eyes, for sure, if I made something for him to take to each teacher! Ha!!

Arlene Grimm said...

I loved "happies" when I taught preschool. I think all teachers enjoy some appreciation!