Followers

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Autumn Wreath

I put up my autumn wreath...it is an older one but still looks good so I will use it another season.

I found the wreath along with the ribbon at a local store and I added the G to it. The wooden letter was purchased at Hobby Lobby and granddaughter, Kendall, painted it a pretty burnt orange. I tied the finished letter to the wreath with gross grain ribbon. 

This is the wreath I used last year but it did not hold up very well, looking limp and worn this year. And I must admit it is a little "too much" for me. I prefer simple.  One year I purchased Indian Corn and tied a pretty ribbon on it and hung it on my door. I loved it!

What is your favorite fall door decor? 

3 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

I love your wreath and the pretty G. I ruined our front door hanging a wreath earlier in the summer, so no more wreaths for me. We had to get the door repainted!
I do love the new burlap wreaths and the wooden initials.
For now, I am just hanging a small garden flag on the mailbox post.

Arlene Grimm said...

Mildred, the glass saves my door! I use one of those plastic suction cups to hold my wreath. I am planning to add a fall tableau to the front porch when we get back from the beach. Hint, it uses my son's old radio flyer wagon!

Mrs R said...

Arlene, I agree with you on the wreaths. The simpler the better. Love your top one the best!