Followers

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Blog Friends

One thing I enjoy about blogging is making new friends from all over the United States.  This year I have made new friends in Colorado, Georgia, Wisconsin, Florida and North Carolina.  Today I would ask you to and visit my friend, Kara, at Mundane Faithfulness. You can find her blog on my blog roll. I found Kara's blog as a Facebook friend posted Kara's website. From the first day I read Kara's blog I knew I wanted to read her blog every day. Kara Tippetts is the 38 year old mother of four, wife to pastor husband, Jason, and she is in the process of what she calls The Long Goodbye. Two years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer and despite treatment the cancer has spread to her brain and she is in a battle to live each day that she can for her precious family. This week, Kara was on Dr. James Dobson's radio program and it was so real, touching and encouraging as she talked to Dr Dobson about dying well as a believer.  She has written a book, The Hardest Peace, which will be released on October 1st. I have already pre-ordered by copy at Amazon. If you have time today, go by and visit Kara and leave an encouraging message on her blog. She is an amazing young woman...she is always asking her readers where their hard places are so that she can pray for each person who is struggling. As I read Kara's writing, I am reminded of the blessing of time that the Lord has given me to see my children grow up and to see my children's children. So often, I take that for granted.

5 comments:

Blackberry Lane said...

Thank you for sharing and I will visit right now.

Cranberry Morning said...

I will visit her blog. Thank you for telling us about that. As believers in Christ, we have a hope and joy that goes deeper than even cancer. I love her attitude of dying well as a believer.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for encouraging Kara! She is a blessing!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

I will stop by her blog. Thanks for sharing.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Amy!!