Followers

Friday, September 19, 2014

BOO

In the past I have made Halloween Trick or Treat Buckets for my grands. I purchased plain pain buckets at Lowes. painted them and added their names. If I say so myself they were very cute and the grands loved them. But when a Current Fall catalog arrived in my mailbox displaying some very cute personalized buckets at a great price, I decided I would order one for Elliott. And here it is! I will be taking it to Birmingham tomorrow so he will have his own treat bucket.  And a reminder to all Nanas, if you start projects for your first grandchild, you will have to continue the tradition for future grands.:)

Ok, I am editing my blog this morning to add a rant.  Be forewarned. I enjoy looking at blogs that feature decorating as much as anyone. I love to change things up and I am always on the lookout for special items to display in my home. However I am noticing a trend which is bothering me. TOO MUCH of everything!  In a well decorated room, the eye can appreciate the decor but also rest and enjoy the room.  Some of the blogs I read feature homes with rooms crammed full of everything and there is a hodgepodge of colors, designs and patterns. It makes me want to go and help them edit their rooms. One of my favorite bloggers who has found the happy medium in decorating is Kelly at Talk of the House. Her rooms are colorful and interesting without being overwhelming.  The trend of painting furniture is interesting but hey, let's not paint every piece of furniture in our homes.:) I have a feeling that in a year or so, decorators will be stripping away some of this chalk paint and calling it dated.:) Ok, rant over...I feel better!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the typeface font and a good deep bucket for lots of candy!

Arlene Grimm said...

I thought it was so cute and now all five grands are ready for trick or treating!!

Blackberry Lane said...

That is a sweet Halloween treat bucket.

In my "old" age, I have cut way down on the amount of clutter I have. The consignment shop that I love to visit sells the chalk paint. I like it, but I don't want my real wood furniture painted. I think it would make it harder to clean/polish.

These days, I'm about simplicity!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's hard to find that happy medium. When I get back to my house after being away, it feels too 'full' and I spend a lot of time organizing and purging. I worked for one sold week doing that this time and took 2 loads to donate. I think we keep collecting and don't notice how full our houses are. But I'm guilty of loving LOTS of stuff so I better not say much more! haha! Love the cute bucket. It's fun to make things for each of the holidays!

Terri D said...

To each his own, but I agree with you on over-stuffed rooms.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks for letting me rant....I saw a house on a blog that everyone was just ga ga over and it was WAY over the top. I guess I have been reading too much Gladys Taber and her sweet little house at Stillmeadow sounds so appealing. When we moved to our townhouse, I decided to go the simpler route. Diane, your sweet houses are just right from the pictures I have seen on your blog. Mildred, I am with you, less to dust and clean! And Terri, thanks for a vote of confidence! I doubt any of you have a wall that is painted a dark color and filled with pictures where all the frames are painted a bright green. (that is what set me off!!lol)

Mrs R said...

You are too cute with your rant! I'm a natural wood person. I love to see the true rich original wood.