Followers

Monday, September 29, 2014

Fall Mix

When the fall M&Ms hit the stores along with candy corn, it is time to make some of my favorite fall mix. I got this recipe from Jill Bauer on QVC many years ago and it is a favorite at our house. We had a Sunday School fellowship Saturday evening and I made up this big bowl to take for nibbling. I brought home very little! ( The picture in the background is one of my and my besties that I keep on my kitchen counter.)

It is easy peasy to make...equal amounts of M&Ms, candy corn and dry roasted peanuts. I have heard it described as a Snickers like snack and if you leave out the M&Ms then it tastes like a Pay Day candy bar. Whatever floats your boat. It is great to mix up, put in small cellophane bags to give as Happies to teachers, friends and neighbors.

Speaking of neighbors, I am so glad to have John and Jean next door! They looked after our place for us while we were away. We stopped at the Peach Park in Clanton, Alabama on the way home from the beach and picked up some Apple Butter and Peach Butter to thank them for their kindness. If any of you find yourselves on I 65 traveling through Alabama, be sure and stop at the Peach Park. Peaches are found in season but they sell lots of yummy things all year.  The homemade ice cream there is simply delicious. I got a big cone of Banana while Hubs got peach.  My dear husband also loaded up on Boiled Peanuts. He got enough to put in the freezer to enjoy all winter!:) Boiled peanuts are a Southern Delicacy but one I do not care for myself. Green peanuts are boiled and then you shell them and eat them. To me they taste rather like black eyed peas but my Savannah born better half just LOVES them.

So we are back home and as Dorothy so aptly put it, There is no place like home!! And for a homebody like me, Home is the dearest place on earth!

7 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That looks like a fun treat! But I wouldn't dare leave that on my kitchen counter. I have a wicked sweet tooth. BTW, I hadn't eaten a boiled peanut (or heard of them) until I was 21 years old. The first one tasted terrible to me; the second was interesting, and by the third, I was hooked! I didn't know, however, that I was supposed to remove the shell. I ate the whole thing. lol

Blackberry Lane said...

I'll make up some of this mix to share with neighbors. We have new folks moving in all around us these days!
Banana ice cream is my favorite!

Arlene Grimm said...

Oh Judy, I almost spit out my coffee reading your comment on Boiled Peanuts. My hubs will love that. But hey, to me they are not good with or without the hull!! And Mildred, they will really enjoy this little fall treat. The Banana ice cream at the Peach Park is made from real bananas and cream from the taste of it!! Banana is my favorite ice cream too and it is hard to find it.

Blackberry Lane said...

Here in G'ville, we have Bruster's ice cream parlor and they have banana cream pie ice cream that is so good.

20 North Ora said...

Love that mix! Have you tried the new M & M's that are candy corn flavored? They are wonderful.

Judy

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

The mix sounds yummy. I'm not one for boiled peanuts either. And I sure didn't know you could freeze them.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you had a good time and got home safely. It really does feel good to get back to the familiar...especially if you've had a chance to pick up some goodies. My hubby loves boiled peanuts, too! Hugs!