Followers

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

On the Front Porch

We have a small front porch but that did not stop me from dressing it up for fall.

I took Ben's 36 year old Radio Flyer Wagon and filled it with pumpkins, mums, gourds and cotton.

I purchased my pumpkins and mums at Stonehenge Nursery, a small nursery near my house. I placed the mum in a Peterboro basket and I took some of my faux cotton, tied it together with a pretty ribbon and added it to the fall mix. After living with my faux cotton in vases on the mantle for a while, I realized that one branch of cotton looked more stylish amongst my sticks. So that left me four branches to work with in other ways. I also took apart an old wreath and repurposed some of the ribbon. I think we should be more like our ancestors and make do with what we have on hand!

I always enjoy seeing fall tableaus that turn up on porches and lawns this time of year!

4 comments:

Amy Burzese said...

Nice, Arlene! I love seeing what everyone does for fall too. I enjoy it more than Christmas decor.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks Amy! I love fall colors...

Blackberry Lane said...

Your porch looks cute, Arlene. The wagon is a real treasure! I love this time of year when everyone starts decorating.

Arlene Grimm said...

Thanks MIldred...I love fall too!!